Sunday, October 18, 2009

sleepless nights

I don't think a twenty month old is much work anymore.
That's not true. She's a lot of work, but not compared to...
TEN FORTH GRADE GIRLS!!

I work in Children's Ministries at a church (work, as in, it's my full-time job). This weekend was our Fall Mini Camp for 3rd-5th graders. I got the 4th grade girls...all ten of them. I've done this 5 years in a row, but it REALLY whipped me this year. How can 9 and 10-year-olds stay up until 4am, even with me (tired, grumpy, sneezy) reprimanding them every ten minutes? Seriously, I could NOT stay up that late when I was nine. I was the one who would fall asleep while the other girls watched NKOTB videos. And then they froze my underwear. I think I'm too old for this overnight stuff anymore...but maybe I always have been.

Needless to say, I'm excited for a day off tomorrow. My wonderful neighbor lent me her copy of Hello, Cupcake!, and I hope to try my hand at one of these fun creations sometime soon (maybe tomorrow, but the house is a disaster!)

I'm praying for a full night's sleep tonight...to wake up feeling refreshed! May all of you experience that as well.

Chair,
Hav

No comments:

Post a Comment