Friday, October 23, 2009

it's in the oven

Oh, have I been in a baking mood the past few days! And to give you an idea of how big of a deal this is, I probably only bake 4 or 5 times a year! So...a run-down of what's been in my oven in the past 48 hours:
  • 2 apple cakes
  • 1 turkey pot pie
  • a pumpkin's worth of spiced pumpkin seeds
  • a batch of cranberry white chocolate chip cookies (thanks to my dear friend kelly for the recipe!)

Yum! What a feast of fall flavors! It surely does help my baking that I've been home about half of this week (since I worked the whole sleepless weekend!)


The best thing about the cranberry white chocolate cookies is that the cranberries pop in your mouth when you bite into them! The miniature taste explosions are just wonderful!!

And to top it all off, these creepy creatures have taken up residence in my computer corner:
So even though this day is dreary, I'm soaking up my precious time with YaYa. We're heading to the pet store now to pet some puppies.
Chair,
Hav

No comments:

Post a Comment