Friday, November 6, 2009

shhh...it's a birthday surprise!

Two close-ups:
And here's the whole thing:
It's a birthday banner for my beautiful sis-in-law, and I wanted to do something different than the usual "happy birthday". I thought that "oh happy day" was fun, cheerful, and could be used on multiple occasions! The triangles are made of black corregated plastic (left overs from a work project). I punched holes in the top using a regular hole punch (oww!! my hand still hurts!) and strung them together with hemp. I decorated with cardstock & freehand-cut letters, and finished off with my favorite touch, a jingle bell on the point of each triangle. Oh, it makes the most wonderful tinkling sound!! I can't wait to take it her her party tomorrow, along with these:

I scanned in some little sketches, added color & words in Photoshop, and printed off a set of notecards on beautiful linen cardstock. Hehe - I really love these, and I hope she will, too!

Chair,

No comments:

Post a Comment