Saturday, January 30, 2010

button, button, who's got the button?

Has anyone ever played that game? "Button, button." It was always a favorite when the cousins were together at grandma and grandpa's house, and it never seemed to get old. I think it's time to introduce my daughter to it. Would anyone like to come and play? I'll provide the button!















I used to play for what seemed like hours in my mom's button box, sorting and organizing to my little heart's content. So when YaYa saw my buttons and asked to see them, I was excited. It's so fun to watch her sort. She sorted by color and shape, and had a pile of "no!" buttons (that's them, up by the scissors. the rejects).
























And here's YaYa with her Lightning backpack. We were at the mall a few days ago, and I noticed that our Disney Store is going out of business. So we went in to take a peek, and the backpacks were marked WAY down...I think I got this one for around five dollars. So I told her she could pick one out, and showed her the Princess one.
"NO. NO PWINCESS."
I showed her the Ariel one.
"NO. NO AWIEL!"
So, I asked her which one she would like.
"Wightning."
She pointed straight at it and giggled.
She is her father's daughter...it made him proud.
In truth, I'd rather watch Cars than a Princess movie, too. I couldn't deny her the best backpack there. And to top it off, we also got a stuffed Mater. We had to have something to put in the pack! She's so very proud of her backpack...and only took it off for the cashier to scan it.
















And my other deal of the week...20 items of clothing from Children's Place for $55! Mega clearance for $2.99, and on top of it, I had a 15% off coupon! Yippee! Now she's got clothes to get us through the rest of this LONG winter, and a bunch for next year as well.
Chair!

1 comment:

  1. nice! She and corban would get along well. He LOVES his Cars! :)

    ReplyDelete